- Born in a Shingon Temple in Chiba Prefecture.
- Awarded a prize at the 37th Japan Art Institute Exhibition, the first time for him to receive this prize.
- Nominated for membership in the Japan Art Institute.
- Awarded the Education Minister’s Prize at the 61st Japan Art Institute Exhibition.
- Becomes professor emeritus at the Xi’an Academy of Fine Arts.
Awarded the Prime Minister’s Prize at the 71st Japan Art Institute Exhibition.
- Becomes a professor in the Faculty of Fine Arts of Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music.
Donates a fusuma door painting to the Koyasan Tokyo Branch Temple.
- Donates a fusuma door painting to Hase-dera Temple in Nara.
- Holds a one-man exhibition in Paris, France.
- Donates a fusuma door painting to Takahatafudoson Kongoji Temple in Tokyo.
- Becomes a trustee of the Japan Art Institute.
- Receives the “Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Rosette.”